For our June event, Pasadena Women in Technology has been invited by Supplyframe to their event hosted in collaboration with ArtCenter and NELAUX entitled Designed Interactions: Diverse Perspectives as part of the LA Design Festival.
This excellent panel made up of five (women) thought leaders in emerging technology will take place on Saturday, June 9, 2:00pm-5:00pm at the Supplyframe DesignLab.
** Supplyframe has generously provided our membership free admission. Please enter the code PWITMEMBER in eventbrite for a complimentary ticket! **
REGISTER HERE: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/designed-interactions-diverse-perspectives-tickets-45321767627
About the Panel
The design of physical objects, screen-based software, as well as gesture and voice interfaces all share a universal language: the language of interactions. This panel, featuring women at the forefront of interaction design, will explore what it means to design interactions for emerging technologies, machine learning, and diversity in a world that is changing exponentially.
- Maggie Hendrie, Chair of Interaction Design at ArtCenter College of Design
- Christine Meinders, Co-Founder of Artificial Knowing
- Sara Schnadt, Senior Lead Designer, Mission Operations at NASA/JPL
- Selwa Sweidan, Co-Founder of Artificial Knowing
- Basak Alper Ramaswamy, Computer Scientist (Human-Computer Interaction) at NASA/JPL
- Majenta Strongheart, Artist, and Supplyframe DesignLab Staff Designer & Curator
We hope to see you there!