The Group brings together people of all ages, around the Yorkshire area, who want to enjoy walking in the local countryside and beyond.
The Group caters for all abilities and will offer a variety of walks most weekends from shorter low-level local walks through to strenuous high level walks in the Peak District, the Dales and the Lakes as well as weekends away throughout the year and evening walks in late Spring/Summer months. Walking holidays abroad will also feature.
The group offers a social side to include get togethers for drinks/meals/music etc.
There is a donation of £1 per day walk which covers meetup charges and the walk leader's reccying and other expenses. This is a non profit making group and any surplus monies will be reinvested in the group or donated to charity.
Being an informal, friendly group we do not have many rules but anyone joining our walks does so at their own risk and in doing so reads and accepts the Terms and Disclaimer below:
Dogs are welcome on most of our walks (the only exceptions being where the walks cross access land).
We advise that anyone wishing to go on any walk who does not have their own transport should put a message on the comments section of the walk page advising of this fact including where they would be travelling from. Also anyone offering lifts should also do so on the walk page.
Anyone wishing to lead walks in future should get in touch with the organisers - all we ask is that you are known to the organisers, have been on at least 3 previous events and are a competent, confident and reliable walk leader.
Conditions of membership:
-attend 1 walk within 3 months of joining
- attend 2 walks per year thereafter
- don't no-show (fail to change your RSVP or to text the walk leader to say you can’t attend). 2 strikes and you will be removed. It only takes a minute to change your RSVP. This saves much waiting about at the start of walks.
The purpose of this group is to arrange informal walking meet ups on a regular basis. The group DOES NOT have insurance and any person participating in any such meet up (whether they have officially signed up on this website or not) does so entirely at their own risk.
It is not the responsibility of this groups organisers or walk leader to check and ensure the suitability of individuals to complete any particular walk.
It is the responsibility of any person participating in any walk or other event arranged via this group's webpages to ensure that they are in a fit medical state to complete the walk and also that they are suitably prepared and have the correct kit, including walking footwear, for the conditions - both terrain and weather.
By signing up to and/or attending a group wal
1) You acknowledge that the organisers (including 'event hosts') of this group do not necessarily hold any formal qualifications in relation to walking leadership, or medical qualifications or training.
2) You agree and acknowledge that this group has no legal duty of care to its members and 'guests' and that its Organisers (including 'event hosts') accept no liability for any accident occurring from, or for any injuries arising out of, participation in this group's activities and that you remain responsible for your own safety at all times.
3) You acknowledge that you will only sign up for walks and other events that you definitely plan to attend, that it is your duty to turn up on the day OR to change your RSVP/let the walk leader know before the walk if you have a genuine last minute reason for non-attendance, and that the Organisers reserve the right to ban regular 'no-shows' (people who have not turned up without changing their RSVPs at least twice) from the group.
4) You agree to attend all walks suitably prepared for the terrain and weather conditions and accept that the event host, walk leader or group organisers may, at their discretion, not admit you to join the walk or other event if in their opinion you are ill-equipped for the terrain and weather conditions.
5) You agree to keep to the pace of the group, accepting that the walk leader has to consider the pace of the slowest walker on any given day, and don't go off ahead without the leader's agreement even if you think you know the route. You agree that you will wait for the leader and all of the group at any point along a given walk route as requested by the leader.
6) You agree that if you are struggling with the pace or have health or other issues at any point during a walk you will ensure the walk leader is made aware immediately.