Excluded communities and the future of Sharing (with Storemates and The People who Share)
Breaking out of the ‘White Middle Class Ghetto:’
The Sharing Economy is booming, but who’s really benefiting?
· How can we extend the Sharing Economy to all that can benefit and not just the ‘educated white middle classes’?
· Who in the sharing economy is already making a difference to poor and marginalised communities?
· How can we work across sectors (business, government, social enterprises, charities) to develop fantastic sharing ideas that fit the needs of excluded communities?
· Who will support, fund and sponsor innovation in ‘Social Impact Sharing’?
· How can Sharing Economy organisations work together to widen participation?
· Develop a concept in teams and pitch these to an expert panel!
Join us for a lively, thought provoking event brought to you by ‘Storemates’ and the ‘Global Sharing Economy Network’ (The People Who Share (http://www.thepeoplewhoshare.com/) and Compare and Share)
Through engaging presentations, lively round table discussions and great case studies we will challenge conventional thinking about sharing and pledge to make a difference to break out of the ‘White Middle Class Ghetto’
We bring together sharing experts and innovators from business, charities, funders and think tanks... Many fantastic organisations have been invited and are committed to attending including:-
· Responsible 100
· Love Home Swap
· Storemates (Co-host)
· The People Who Share (Co-host)
· Compare and Share
· Lift Share
· Share the World's Resources
· Food Cycle
· Westminster Children and Family Services
· Paddington Development Trust
· Trusted Housesitter
· The Good Gym
· UK Share
Come along, join in the discussion, and share your views, insights and ideas on how we can build a Sharing Economy for the masses and not just the middle classes!
6:00 – 6:15pm – Arrival, grab a name badge, network and settle in.
6:15 – Welcome, introductions and scene setting from co-hosts Shaff Prabatani (Co-founder of Storemates) and Benita Matofska (global Sharing Economy expert, Chief Sharer of The People Who Share and Compare and Share).
6.30 – Share the World's Resources
6.45 – Case Study 1 - Food Cycle with Q&A
7.00 - Case Study 2 - Lift Share with Q&A
7.15 - Case Study 2 - The Good Gym with Q&A
7.30 – Roundtable discussions on 4 key sharing economy themes:
Each table will develop a concept and elevator pitch on one of their themes.
8:10 – Pitch presentations to an expert panel. Taking our ideas forward.
8:25 – Agreeing a pledge and a new vision for a more inclusive Sharing Economy.
8:30 – Networking
Post event we will send you a follow-up with the agreed pledge, blogs and what we have done as a result!
9.00 – End