This beginner's session is for Canon DSLR users only. Location is near Henderson Environmental Centre in North Beach. Please navigate with your GPS to Henderson Environmental Centre. There's a carpark there.
Perfect for beginners, people who have just bought a Canon camera or who own a Canon and would like to learn more features and those wishing to learn how to shoot better using manual settings.
120 mins of fun and learning in a small group.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills?
From learning about landscape photography to easy ways to take better photos of people and landscapes.
This is a fun to learn walkabout tour. Where questions will be answered by professional Portrait and Landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography. Covering the basics of photography and more.
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• AV, TV and P mode
• How to shoot day time landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
Hendersen Environmental Centre Bush Walk
• Potential birdlife
• Bush & nature photography
You are free to either follow the general group or to wander around and return when you have a question.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Canon DSLR, bridge or compact camera
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 1 hour.
• No need for a tripod.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).