This is our bush & macro meetup series going for 90 minutes.
Want to use your smart phone and pre-purchase a macro kit from us? Contact us in advance and bring an additional $10 cash.
Perfect for beginners, people who have just bought a camera and those wishing to learn how to shoot better using manual settings.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills?
From learning more about your camera's functions to easy ways to take better photos of people and landscapes.
This is a fun to learn walkabout tour. Where questions will be answered by professional portrait and landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography.
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• How to shoot daytime landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
• Potential birdlife, insects and reptiles
• Bush & nature photography
You are free to either follow the general group or to wander around and return when you have a question.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Preferably an SLR camera, however, smartphone camera or compact camera is ok.
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 2 hours.
• No need for a tripod (unless you plan to shoot into the sunset or if you have a powerful ND filtre - Leave tripod in your car until needed).
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens (if you have an SLR) and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for general landscapes, your longest lens, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
Perth Learn Photography is an Act-Belong-Commit partner.
Our members experience many mental health benefits on walkabouts and learning sessions.
Photography is a liberating creative outlet, reducing stress & anxiety.
Photography has the potential to inspires us as well.
Photography has an empowering effect on many, especially:
· Disadvantaged & marginalised communities
· The elderly
· The differently enabled
Our sessions foster good community connection with small groups.
Practising photography may improve memory, may increase emotional intelligence and people skills. Photography has the potential to strengthen storytelling skills & self-confidence.
After learning how to take better photos photographers generally feel a strong sense of fulfilment & achievement.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).
Perth Learn Photography in the largest and most affordable photo learning group in WA. We guarantee you'll get satisfaction by learning something valuable in a fun and friendly environment from all our workshops and events. We also offer flexibility to move your bookings to another date should you find yourself with a scheduling conflict. Just pick from our other posted events and request a move, (for events of a higher value just pay the difference). Subject to available spots.