Kids Photography Holiday Edition! A fun photo walk for kids between the ages of 8-15, to explore and discover the wonders of Whiteman Park in the Swan Valley.
We will meet and start our photo walk from the Whiteman Park Visitor Centre, parents welcome to come along too. Professional photography teacher Cyrus Roussilhes, will give the kids some new insights and sharpen the way they see nature and perspectives of art. Kids also have an opportunity to skill up on how to better use their phone camera or DSLR.
A DSLR camera is not required - a phone camera or compact camera is perfectly fine.
All Children under 14 yrs old must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Parents or guardians who are not bringing a camera are able to come along for free. Parents wishing to join and bring a camera must purchase a ticket for themselves (at the kids rate).
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• How to shoot day time landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
• Potential birdlife
• Bush & nature photography
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Preferably an SLR camera, however, smartphone camera or compact camera is ok.
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 90 minutes.
• No need for a tripod.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens (if you have an SLR) and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
MACRO LENS FOR PHONE CAMERA
Would you like to purchase a macro lens for your phone? Message Cyrus to organise in advance. Cost is $10 extra.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).
Perth Learn Photography in the largest and most affordable photo learning group in WA. We guarantee you'll get satisfaction by learning something valuable in a fun and friendly environment from all our workshops and events. We also offer flexibility to move your bookings to another date should you find yourself with a scheduling conflict. Just pick from our other posted events and request a move, (for events of a higher value just pay the difference). Subject to available spots.