Perfect for beginners, people who have just bought a camera and those wishing learn how to shoot better using manual settings. 90 mins of fun and learning in a small group.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills?
From learning about landscape photography to easy ways to take better photos of people and landscapes.
This is a fun to learn walkabout tour. Where questions will be answered by professional Portrait and Landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography. Covering the basics of photography and more.
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• How to shoot day time landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
POINT PERON - ROCKINGHAM
• Potential birdlife, penguins & seals
• Bush & nature photography
• Marine Landscapes & Rocks
• Sunset at the Beach
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• Preferably an SLR camera, however, smartphone camera or compact camera is ok.
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 90 minutes.
• Tripod is recommended.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens (if you have an SLR) and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
MACRO LENS FOR PHONE CAMERA
Would you like to purchase a macro lens for your phone? Message Cyrus to organise in advance. Cost is $10 extra.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).
Perth Learn Photography in the largest and most affordable photo learning group in WA. We guarantee you'll get satisfaction by learning something valuable in a fun and friendly environment from all our workshops and events. We also offer flexibility to move your bookings to another date should you find yourself with a scheduling conflict. Just pick from our other posted events and request a move, (for events of a higher value just pay the difference). Subject to available spots.
Meet at carpark near the lookout.