What we're about
Welcome Fellow Yorkie & Petite Pup Lovers!
Join us at our meetups for a playdate for Yorkies & other Petite Pups! What is a Petite Pup? All small/toy pooches 15 lbs (as an adult) and under are welcome! If you have a slightly larger dog that is very timid or shy, contact me as this may be the group for you, also. Meet with other local Yorkshire Terrier and Petite Pup owners! All Yorkies, Yorkie mixes, and other small breeds as an adult that are preferable under 15lbs are welcome, and their families too, of course!
We will meet at least once a month, right now it is the third Saturday of every month, to allow our pup's to socialize and play in an off-leash environment. Playtime will last one hour at Best Friends Briarwood. The cost is $2 per human and is collected by Lauren during each meetup (there is a jar on the table where you can also put it). These dues help pay for the meetup.com fees and supplies to run the play dates.
Best Friends is the perfect location for our pups to play. There is an indoor playroom, which will allow them to play together during any weather, so planning in advance is not a problem. There is also a fenced in outdoor yard for our pups when the weather is just right. Both play areas are very dog friendly with plenty of doggie toys (even tiny ones for our Yorkies & Petite Pups), fresh water, plenty of seating for the humans, and the outdoor area even has doggie equipment. (Tunnel, agility hoop, etc)
Best Friends also has a Dog Trainer, Brie, that will attend most of our meetups. Brie is wonderful and loves to answer questions for free during our meetup about raising and training dogs.
Directions to Best Friends Briarwood:
1. Take 275 to exit #50 Montgomery/Morrow.
2. Turn away from Wendys off the exit onto Montgomery Road and travel less than a half mile.
3. Almost immediately on Montgomery Road, get into the Left Turn Lane and turn Left on Cornell Road and travel less than a half mile.
4. Take the second Right onto Gideon Lane, which is just past the Jewish School for the Gifted. If you travel across the bridge and see Sycamore HS, you have gone too far.
5. Best Friends will be on the Right at 11216 Gideon Ln.
6. Park anywhere in the circle.
7. We may be playing in the fenced yard area to the Right of Best Friends. If the yard is empty, enter through the main lobby, pass the gift shop and the playroom is the first door on the right. It is always kept closed to keep our pups safe inside, so please come in!
For more information about this meetup group or if you have any questions, please contact Lauren at CincinnatiYorkie@gmail.com
We are also on Facebook! Find us at http://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiPetitePups
As a member of this meetup, you must adhere to the following safety precautions:
-Please make sure your Yorkie/Petite Pup is up to date on his/her vaccinations.
-Please make sure your Yorkie/Petite Pup is healthy enough to attend a meetup.
-Please do not bring small children to the meetup. Yorkies/Petite Pups are very fragile.
-If you bring an older child, please advise him/her NOT to pick up any Yorkies/Petite Pups.
-If this is the first time your Yorkie/Petite Pup is meeting other dogs in an off-leash environment, please bring a leash to gradually introduce your pup to the other dogs.
-Yorkies/Petite Pups must play at their own risk under the supervision of their owner(s). Owner's assume all responsibility and liability for their dog(s).
-We reserve the right to not allow any aggressive pup that bites, injures and/or bullies another dog back to the play dates. (Growling and some dominant behavior is normal.)
THANKS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AND YOUR PETITE PUP!