addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Pgh Tech Meetup Message Board › Job Seekers (looking for a position)

Job Seekers (looking for a position)

Marta
MartaD
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 3
If you're currently looking for a job and think you'd like to work for a startup, post here! Briefly list your skills and experience and don't forget to check the Job Opportunities board.
Donna
DJCosky
Fombell, PA
Post #: 9
I tried to reply using the "quote to reply" and I'm not sure if it worked. In case it hasn't, I'll briefly retype it. I think that I'd love to work for a start-up. I'm a technical generalist - I've done a little bit of everything. I started out teaching for New Horizons, then went to a Help Desk for a law firm. While there I learned a lot about SQL, got to take a few classes, and learned a lot about general server/network admin. (creating new accounts, modifying groups, deleting accounts, permissions, etc.) I also eventually learned how to do phone system administration, although I've never had any actual training on that. I've done all kinds of repairs, maintenance, build my own pcs, cross-connected wires for the phone systems, connected data cables to the switch and patch panel, and racked new servers and switches.
I've done a lot of documentation, inventory of licenses as well as software and equipment. A lot of end user training, too. My best areas are analytical thinking, data research, problem solving, and creativity. And if there is something that I need to know, just point me toward a way to learn it and I will. I'm good with hands-on and/or books.
Here is my Linked In profile for more info: http://www.linkedin.c...­
If you need to email me, you can send it through Linked In or here.