Our monthly meeting will be held January 16 from 5:30-8:00 on the second floor of the Microsoft Malvern MTC in Malvern. Refreshments are provided courtesy of Apex Systems.
Scott Ocamb - Agile Coach
This presentation will discuss the Value of Agile and how we can predict dates and manage a budget using Scrum and Kanban. The following points will be covered:
• Why – why we should even bother with using Agile.
• Fundamentals – basic building blocks of an Agile approach.
• Scrum Overview – basics of Scrum.
• Kanban Overview – basics of Kanban.
• Estimation – in order to predict dates, we need a lightweight way to estimate features.
• Budget and Schedule – basics of a budget and a delivery schedule.
• Progress and Scope Creep – we need to understand our progress and the effects new and changed features will have on budget and schedule.
We will then walk through an end-to-end DevOps Pipeline using a very simple MVC application and see the following:
• Make a change to the application using Visual Studio.
• Commit the change to a Sprint branch in Git.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the sprint branch.
• Release the change to the QA environment.
• Test the change in the QA environment.
• Perform a pull request from the Sprint Branch to the Master Branch.
• Perform a code review.
• See an Continuous Integration build run in the master branch.
• Release the change to the Staging Environment with approvals
• Test the change in the Staging Environment
• Swap the Staging slot with the Production slot with an approval.
• Test the change in production.
• Rollback the change to simulate a production issue.
This session will live stream on Mixer at our channel https://mixer.com/phillydotnet
All meetups are recorded and appear on our YouTube channel at