addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Phoenix Nature Photo Workshops Message Board › EMERGENCY CLIMATE MESSAGE

EMERGENCY CLIMATE MESSAGE

A former member
Post #: 44
EMERGENCY CLIMATE CHANGE MESSAGE

Please pardon me in advance for this message. I realize this communication channel is for group activities. I take this step only because we are now in an emergency situation and there are aspects of this you may not be aware of. Many of you know that this month the Secretary General of the United Nations said of Climate Disruption "It is the defining issue of our time - and we are at a defining moment. If we do not change course by 2020 we risk missing the point where we can avoid runaway climate change, with disastrous consequences for people and all the natural systems that sustain us." The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) estimates closer to 2040. The group of senior scientists I have been working with is placing the deadline in the mid-2030's. So give or take ten years, somewhere in this time-frame the damage to our atmosphere will become irreparable and the minor climate disasters we have been experiencing will begin to escalate exponentially beyond our ability to keep up. We are already spending hundreds of billions of dollars in disaster mitigation and seeing the slowing of ocean currents, methane release from beneath melting ice, rising sea levels, altered disease vectors, the appearance of novel carbon-releasing microbes in the soil (the largest repository of carbon on Earth), and more. The important take-away is that a Climate Deadline is coming and it’s approaching very, very fast.

Before I announced my candidacy for Governor of Arizona in January I spent the last several years working with Vice President Al Gore's climate team, and subsequently an IPCC break-off team of engineers, physicists, and chemists who themselves have worked diligently the last 10 years refining the what is now the world's leading plan for safe and effective atmospheric carbon removal. Some very, very brilliant engineering has gone into what is now known as Ocean Assisted Carbon Capture (OACC). Field testing has already occurred, but it will require something at least as large as a state government to begin getting this major undertaking off the ground.

Despite being land-locked, OACC can start right here in the desert of Arizona with government nudging energy utilities to retrofit with new, affordable carbon capture technology then using the byproducts as feedstock for carbon-devouring EHUX algae grown around SPAR platforms in oligotrophic, equatorial waters. A large project indeed and because of that one which must be begun now. We must elect a leader who knows how to get this process underway - watching over Arizona's present and it's future. My opponent Doug Ducey only knows how to run a business. For those of us who are concerned about our children and future generations, lining our pockets today is not enough. If we miss the “tipping levels” as they are known, in the 2030’s everything else will be just about making our last 100 years here as an endangered species more bearable. In that sense, this campaign may be your last chance to do something meaningful to repair our atmosphere and give your children back their future.

As you can see from our "Revitazona" Platform, Komor4Governor has a clear and steady blueprint for managing growing our state economy, protecting our borders, revitalizing our educational system, and protecting the rights of every Arizona Citizen. With a good heart and a good team of advisors running the day-to-day of state government is not difficult. Having the knowledge and will to confront Climate Change is difficult and complex. If you have been waiting, wishing, wondering when someone is going to do something – well, here it is and it’s your vote that will make the difference. There may not be another chance.

My opponent Doug Ducey has a huge campaign machine, tens of millions of dollars and powerful backers, but in the end, people vote not dollar bills. So here is the plan: (1) Read our "Revitazona" Platform. (2) If you find we generally agree on most of the issues then in the next 3 days (give yourself a deadline) choose 3 people you know and talk with them about or email them our platform pointing out our plans for addressing the carbon damage in the atmosphere. (3) Ask those 3 people to each pick 3 people they know to share the "Revitazona" Platform document with. The result will be a ripple-effect so we can multiply our numbers and get the word out (without selling out to big corporate donors)! I know it can be uncomfortable approaching people and sharing your convictions, but if all the science is right this is the most important and powerful thing you can do to protect future generations from extinction. You don’t have to sign up to join the Army and fight Nazis to protect your loved ones – all it takes are 3 phone calls (or 3 emails even) to make the difference we all need. We are all counting on you and we have only a week until the elections so good luck and God’s speed.

Dr. Christian R. Komor, THE Write-In Candidate for Arizona Governor 2018
ALSO:
Please Sign-up on our Meet-Up Page for Updates: https://www.meetup.co...­
Please pass this on to your affiliated Meet-up groups
Read about OACC more at www.komor4governor.com.
TWITTER: GovKomor
INSTAGRAM: komor4governor
LINKEDIN: dr.komor@gmail.com
YOUTUBE: komorforgovernor@gmail.com
GOOGLE PLUS: dr.komor@gmail.com