What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
We hope you'll consider joining us for another day of navigation fun in Prescott. On Saturday, October 23, the Greater Phoenix Orienteering Club is hosting navigation events in one of the most unique landscapes in Arizona - the Granite Dells. The area is rich with rugged granite outcroppings that offer numerous orienteering challenges. The contour lines are derived from LIDAR sensor data, so the terrain mapping is highly detailed. We also have access to private land owned by Prescott College. This gives us more of the Dells area to explore.
We are offering both a 3-hour combined Classic/Score-O course and a 5-hour Adventure Race. The Adventure Race adds biking and water segments to the foot orienteering.
Note: Heritage Park Day-Use Parking Pass: $3.00.
There is a fee of $3.00 per vehicle to park in Heritage Park. You pay the fee at kiosks inside the park. You can also purchase a year parking pass here: https://www.prescott-az.gov/recreation-events/recreation-services/parking-passes
To make this event as safe as reasonably possible in the current COVID-19 environment, we are taking the following measures:
- All individuals (or family units) will maintain a six-foot separation at all times.
- Team sizes are limited to 6 people or less.
- The registration/pay station is largely self-serve. We highly recommend bringing exact change to minimize the exchange of money.
- We'll have a Timer on-hand to issue maps and record timing.
- A hand-washing station is provided on a table adjacent to the registration table. Please wash hands before and after registering/signing waivers/paying/picking up score cards and clue sheets. Please also bring your own hand towel for that purpose.
- No water is available on the courses. We also will NOT provide our usual complementary snacks and drinks at the Start/Finish area. Bring your own snacks and water for a full day of orienteering.
- There is no beginners' clinic.
Participants who pre-register for the event benefit from our priority pricing. While on-site registration is still available, pricing for on-site registration is more expensive. In addition, we'll print some extra maps for each of our events, but we cannot guarantee a map for those who do not pre-register.
Pre-Registration is open until Thursday, October 21 at 11:59 PM. After the pre-registration closes, you can still try your luck and register on-site. We will have pre-printed maps for everyone who pre-registers. We cannot guarantee a map for those who register on-site.
Click here (https://forms.gle/u6LnHjmUS7FNMwyM7) to pre-register.
Parental Consent Now Required (Click here for more information) (http://gphxo.org/Business/Forms/ParentalConsent.htm)
All participants under age 18 are now required to have a signed parental consent form on file with the club. You can complete the form before the event and either scan it and send it to us by e-mail or bring it with you to the event.
For more information, fees, and directions visit the Greater Phoenix Orienteering Club's event page: http://gphxo.org/Events/2021/20211023_WillowDells.htm