A group for people who are interested in outdoor adventures and international travel. Come and meet like minded people to discuss the amazing and adventurous places you dream of visiting or recount tales of adventures past. In addition to meeting up at restaurants and bars, we will go on day/weekend outdoor trips.
Aconcagua ("White Sentinel") at 22841 feet is the tallest mountain in the Southern and Western hemispheres. One of the seven summits of the world, it is also the tallest non-technical summit in the world. The climb is exhilarating for any adventure enthusiast, offering breathtaking views of the Andean range in the Chile - Argentina border.
Our expedition is scheduled for 14th December, 2019. We will start from Mendoza and take the Normal (Plaza da Mulas) route through the Horcones valley. While non-technical, the climb by no means should be approached lightly. Aconcagua has a reputation for treating the casual hikers very harshly. We will take 18 days for our expedition, with plenty of time for acclimatization and allowing us two buffer days for the summit attempt to account of inclement weather and other circumstances.
- 2 nights hotel in Mendoza (breakfast included)
- 1 night hotel in Penitentes (Dinner & breakfast included)
- All the meals during the expedition (except in Mendoza City)
- All shared equipment for the expedition (Tents, stoves, etc)
- Complete base camp services (meals, dining tent, bathrooms, storage etc)
- Airport Transfers (in/out)
- Penitentes Transfer (in/out) in private van
- Mule transportation of the equipment
- Permanent VHF radio communication and Expedition Tracking by Spot,
- Professional first aids kits and pulse oximeter for daily updates of acclimatization progress
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Climbing Permits
- Optional Altitude Porters.
- Any cost if the climber abandons the trip
- Meals in Mendoza
- Drinks in Mendoza and Penitentes
- Personal gear, medications, ground or air evacuations, room services, laundry, beverages, phone communications and items of personal nature, insurance liability, hospitalization or medication of any kind,