“The negative is the equivalent of the composer’s score, and the print the performance.” – Ansel Adams
For PIC's December meeting, we will have a print competition!
All members are encouraged to enter prints to be judged by fellow PIC members. This is a chance to show your best work. This contest is only open to PIC members, not the general public. Remember what Ansel Adams said!
We have a few rules and here they are:
1. The image must have been made within the last two years.
2. Each member may submit one image per each category. No digital entries allowed.
3. There are 4 Print Competition Categories
* Digitally-Enhanced (examples: HDR, composite, multiple-exposure overlay, texture overlay). In this category, you can alter reality, limited only by your imagination. Heavy digital editing, use of digital effects and software filters, montages, collages, or anything else to create a compelling image are all permitted. You need to start with a photo, but beyond that, there is no limit.
4. Minimum print paper size: 8x10
Maximum print paper size: 11x17
5. The print shall not be owner-identified in any way on the front or back such as digital logos, handwritten signatures, labels, or watermarks.
6. We strongly recommend, but do not mandate, that you mount and/or mat your prints.
When you arrive at the December meeting, head to the check-in table to enter your images. You will be asked to tag your images with a post-it note (stuck to the back of the print) at the check-in table. Each image will be assigned a unique number and letter code for the category.
Prints will be grouped and presented by category on tables.
Everyone will receive a simple ballot. There will be four categories on the ballot. Enter your favorite image number from each category. Turn in your ballot at the check-in table. Results will be tallied and shared with the group. Ribbons will be awarded for first-, second-, and third-place winners. A wonderful opportunity to get the images off your computer and onto paper!
Any questions? Email us