addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Polyglots in Bangkok Message Board › Topics for discussion at Polyglots in Bangkok

Topics for discussion at Polyglots in Bangkok

Gary Dale C.
garydale
Group Organizer
Bangkok, TH
Post #: 9

It was decided last month that we will go back to the original aim for the group to have a monthly discussion topic, or even potentially two. Those who go back to the beginning of the group would remember that I used to find two topics (or news items) to send around to our members which we would discuss. One would be related to language acquisition and learning and the other would be related to topics of interest to linguaphiles, such as translation / interpreting, minority language issues, endangered languages / language revival, constructed languages, etc.

Last month we had a discussion about bringing this format or a like format back. It was even recommended that one of us perhaps give a presentation each month. As such I will be providing some topics for discussion along these lines and I will also like to see about formalizing discussions again for the future. We basically got a bit off this track partly because it was hard to get a discussion going with the venue set up and also the fact that most people are not arriving exactly on time. We will push through these obstacles and makes sure this is no longer an issue. As such, I'll give a grace period from when we arrive at 2000 hrs until 2030 hrs then I will introduce the topics and we will discuss them. The topics will both be announced separtately. We will also, before leaving, chose the moderator for next month's topics and hopefully come up with our two topics at that time as well.

If anyone has any questions or comments I would love to hear them. Just contact me by e-mail or call me:

+66 8 6571 6040

See you all there!
Christophe
user 104480802
Bangkok, TH
Post #: 1
A topic: How do you handle learning grammar in an L2?