What we're about
Welcome to the grass roots, people-powered, community calendar of events for the Tantra Community in Portland!
There are several important differences between this and most other Meetups. The most important difference is that ALL COMMUNITY MEMBERS CAN CREATE AND ANNOUNCE MEETUP EVENTS - completely without organizer approval.
That's right. You heard me right.
EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY MEMBER can post ANY EVENT you like on the new Community Calendar - any time you want - without any organizer approval whatsoever - And you can even announce it yourself immediately the entire community without approval as well.
Here is - step by step - how to create a grass roots Meetup event the Community Calendar:
1. Join the Community.
2. Go to the 'Let's Meetup and...' prompt to suggest and add Meetups on the Meetup Group's home page
3. Members may add Meetups by filling out the 'Let's Meetup and...' form
4. Meetups added by members are turned into official Meetups immediately.
5. Member-added Meetups with a date selected will appear on the Calendar
6. Member-added Meetups without a date selected will appear only on the 'Upcoming' Meetups list on the Meetup Group's home page
7. The member who adds the Meetup may choose to announce the Meetup to the Meetup Group's members immediately and completely without organizer approval.
These are powerful community building tools. Please use them responsibly.
This is our community. Let's nurture and care for it.