What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Join us for our final 2021 bike outing. Read outing details closely. If you sign up for this outing, don't be a no-show -- you could prevent someone else from participating. If you're unable to make it, take a minute to cancel on Meetup, or email the outing leader ([masked]). Your signup should include your FULL name, email address and cell number for the leader. If you'll be bringing a guest, include the same info for them.
Note that this outing is weather-dependent. We don't ride if it's raining. We'll be riding on Vancouver's Burnt Bridge Creek trail, west to east and return, a 16-mile ride with two fairly-short but moderate climbs. There should be some nice fall colors to enjoy. The trail is paved and is off-road, no cars or other motorized vehicles. See meeting location below.
Waiver: Sierra Club outings policy requires all participants to sign a waiver of liability. This is done at the meeting location (trailhead).
Outing donation: Sierra Club members $2, non-members $4. Note that Sierra Club membership is not required to participate. Donations are collected at the trailhead, cash or check -- no debit or credit. Checks to: Sierra Club Loo Wit Group.
Covid policy: Vaccinations and masks are not required, although being vaccinated is highly recommended. Please carry a mask with you to wear when we stop for breaks.
Other medical: If you have a medical issue that might affect your participation, email the leader privately ([masked]). You should be able to complete a moderately-paced ride. We ride at "social" pace, approx. 10-12 mph, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.
Group ride: Note that this is a 'Group" ride, meaning that no one is left behind. Each participant will receive a map of the route. This ride is in central Vancouver, so there will be a few street crossings with traffic lights.
Weather: Leader will email a weather update on Oct. 19, two days before the outing.
Pets: This outing is NOT suitable for pets.
What to wear and bring:
* Bike (any bike will do, but your bike should be in good condition. Check tires, brakes, cables and derailleur. If you find something you're unable to repair yourself, consider taking your bike to a bike shop. Be aware that you may need to schedule an appointment).
* Helmet (required!)
* Clothing: Clothing should suit weather. Bike-specific clothing is great, but is not required. Bring a rain jacket, in case in starts raining AFTER we begin the ride.
* Bike gloves: Can protect your hands in case of a fall.
* Footwear: Bike shoes or running shoes.
* Water: One FULL water bottle. Carry in a water bottle cage on your bike.
* Snacks: An energy bar or two. Clif bars are good.
* Spare tube that will fit your bike's tires, or patch kit.
Questions? Email the leader ([masked]).