This is a group created for people with an interest in maps, no matter what kind of interest. The idea is to have a group as diverse as possible, so I encourage you to participate even if you find technology intimidating, we do our best to fill the gaps.
Talks will be divided in three parts:
• Social. Want to work on a social issue or improving the city we all live in.
• Technical. To solve GIS related problems with programming tools.
• Creative. If you have any idea related to maps, artistic, business or any thing else..
Nowadays maps are ubiquitous so there are millions of possibilities but getting started can be daunting and sources of information overwhelming. If you have ever thought about some of the following ideas you should attend the meeting.
• Help web users find things in a map.
• Create a location based product or service.
• Display geographic information, like bus stops or restaurants.