🗣️ Jenny Wong - Why & How to do a Site Health Check
Maintenance of your website is important but can be confusing. Jenny will be sharing with us why site health checks are important, the consequences that can happen and how you can perform a review yourself. She will explain why you should upgrade your PHP.
Bring along your laptops and websites for this session.
Jenny is an Engineering Manager at Human Made. Her love for development goes beyond the screen & she is an advocate for both the PHP and WordPress communities.
As a speaker, open source community evangelist and event organiser, you can usually find her loudly cheering people on to share knowledge and contribute back to their communities.
🏕️Jenny has been involved in leading WordCamps and user groups for a number of years. Come and chat with her about how you can get more involved in the community and share her enthusiasm.
🍕Catchup with WordPress Pompey, the community in Hampshire and West Sussex. Enjoy our venue and refreshments thanks to our sponsors redIT and 34sp.com. We have discounts available to attendees from our sponsors too.
- 7.00pm - 7.30pm - Welcome and Networking. Time to set up your laptops and website access
- 7.30pm - Talk and interactive session with Jenny Wong
Food and drinks available thanks to our sponsors.
- 8:30pm - Wrap up
- 8.45pm - Chat and informal networking at The Sovereign pub, next door to our meeting venue.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when you RSVP.
🏢 VENUE SPONSOR: RedIT for arranging the venue at the University of Portsmouth and drinks.
🤔 OTHER INFO
- the venue is accessible for wheelchair users
- drinks available
- find us on Twitter @wppompey (#wppompey) or join us on Slack, in the channel #wp-pompey
Do you have a topic for the WordPress Portsmouth Meetup that you would like to help arrange or could possibly speak at? Get in touch, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you would like to help support your local WordPress community please contact us for more information.
Featured image credit: Unsplash/ rawpixel.
Speaker image - thanks to Jenny Wong.