What we're about
Thomas Edison's teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."
What do very happy people do differently? How do the most successful people think and act? What makes some married couples stay together happily for many decades while others break up within months or years? And why are some people able to bounce back from setbacks while others succumb to them?
For everybody who wants to know what scientific research has to say about this we created this meetup group. This is a group for anyone interested in positive psychology - the science of life flourishing - and personal/professional development based on scientific evidence.
WE ARE SELF-MADE. WHAT YOU ARE CHOOSING TO BE NOW IS SHAPING YOUR FUTURE.
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY OUTCOMES:
1. Alleviation of depression: Find happiness and abundance in situations that were once debilitating.
2. Decreased stress: Learn how to live with less anxiety or fear.
3. Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
4. Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful, and become less reactive, less often, with less intensity.
5. Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
6. More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
7. More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is”