What we're about
FACT:The health problems of the millennium have reached crisis level, and correlate to major dietary changes in the last 50 years!
FACT: Most of what you read about health and nutrition doesn't work. They reason is simple: rather than doing a critical analysis of that vast amount of good scientific data, they just hype up what other writers are saying.
FACT: There is enough good scientific data out there that anyone can follow to stay healthy. The only catch is that there are a few things you need to learn and you must be willing to take ownership of your own health.
The key is to cut through the diet-nutrition-health-fitness hyperbole and navigate the remaining data to find out what works for us and what doesn't. After that, it's about making choices that produce results.
The Post-Modern Lifestyle Project aims to build a supportive community built around a better way of looking at diet, nutrition, health and longevity in the modern era.
The Post-Modern Diet is not a specific diet programme or product but, rather, an examination of what works, what doesn't and why. Some of the questions we'll tackle are:
* What are the real differences between a low-fat, low-calorie and a low-fat diets?
* Which diet regimen is the quickest or safest or the most effective way to lose weight?
* What causes weight rebounds?
* What is the role of exercise in weight loss?
* Is eating meat (red or otherwise) bad for you?
* What's the difference between a food "sensitivity" and an "allergy"?
* What's the truth about "detox"?
* What foods are addictive and why?
* What are the real causes of high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
* Is fasting dangerous?
* What does your DNA say about your health?
* What's the difference between type I and type II diabetes, and why does it matter?
Since there are no simple answers to these questions, we'll explore each of them in depth so you'll be able to answer them for yourself. It's weighing the pros and cons based on the science, then making your own choices, tempered by what's practical or even possible in the modern world.