addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Potterdelphia Message Board › OT: Advice

OT: Advice

This message board is read-only.

Robyn
Beyond.The.Veil
Marlton, NJ
Post #: 17
To make a long story short, my mom is still doing her rounds of chemo, hair is coming out in small little clumps, and she just told me today she, at one point but we aren't sure when, will have to be in the hospital for 3-6 weeks (I don't remember exactly why, I was in too much shock to register everything). I'm beginning to lose my cool, and I seriously think I'm going to have a breakdown soon. My question is this, does anyone have any advice on what I can do to stay calm, to not lose my mind? I can help around the house for those few weeks, not a problem... but I am so afraid I am going to just have a meltdown at some point. I know I can slip away for a few hours to the internet or a book. I just, I don't know. I guess I needed to vent my worries.

How is everyone else doing?

A former member
Post #: 19
My advice is to be around other people (preferably friends) and to keep busy with something (work, a project, anything at all that has some sort of routine).

I'm doing ok. I'm working a temp job to pay the student loans until I find something permanent.

Edit: I'll add the thought that you should come to the meetups! I've been absent too long and I'm hoping to make it to the meetup on Sept 17!!!
Reed
freakapotimus
Washington, DC
Post #: 119
I can only echo what Karsin's already said. It's easier to keep your mind occupied with good thoughts and friends than to worry about things. Worrying will just make you feel worse! Stay busy with activities. My thoughts are with you.