What we're about
They say the pen is mightier than the sword. The Power of the Pen: Vancouver Writing Meetup is for people who use the written word in pursuit of their hopes, dreams, income, etc. either professionally or personally.
We are currently refreshing our charter along with new organizership, however you can expect:
• Discuss projects - imagined, pending, in progress, successes!
• Network with other writers in the Vancouver area (why should Portland have all the fun?)
• Share best practices -- techniques, motivation, helpful books and tools, etc.
• Educational sessions focusing on technique or a specific aspect of writing; [Note! we are looking for speakers and/or presenters!]
• Invitations to carpool or attend together, writing-related events or Meetups coordinated by other Meetup groups
• Sharing work for critique by request - although this is not a primary focus of the group.
Any member can suggest or schedule a Meetup at any time. All genres welcome. Professionals and amateurs welcome. Unpublished and published welcome.
After joining, please visit our Polls section and tell us what you'd like to get out of this Meetup.