***You MUST have the Knowledge Reviews for all chapters done before you come to the class session***
You're pretty solid in your skills, you've had some advanced training... now you're ready to turn your focus outward, away from yourself, toward helping others. This is the class to do it!
The PADI Rescue Class helps you become a stronger diver by teaching you the skills necessary to help other divers in need... as well as help yourself out of a jam. Many scenarios are taught, both theoretically (classroom) and in a practical fashion (ocean). When you're done with this, perhaps the most FUN class in the recreational pipeline, you'll be a more confident and skilled diver.
DATES, TIMES, & LOCATIONS
July 19 (Saturday) at 4:00 pm: Classroom (4-5 hour session) 12546 Heatherton Court #41 San Diego. Park in an unmarked stall or out on the street. Have Knowledge Reviews filled out for Chaps 1-5. We'll do dinner during class.
July 20 (Sunday) at 7:30 am: Ocean session/skill builders at La Jolla Shores (meet at the flagpole). (4-5 hours.)
August 2 (Saturday) at 7:30 am: Ocean scenarios at La Jolla Shores (meet at the flagpole). (4-5 hours.) This is where we put it all together!
Don't wait until the class starts to do your Knowledge Reviews. No bueno.
• Advanced certification from a recognized agency
• Completion of Emergency First Response course or equivalent (Adult CPR, AED, First Aid) within last two years. (Jason is teaching this class, for my group, on Dec 3rd. See the event page on this site to sign up.)
• Be 15 years old or older
You must purchase the following materials:
• Rescue book-pack (from any PADI dive store).
• Resuscitator mask (if not included in the book-pack)
• Safety sausage
• Items that were required in Advanced class (dive knife, whistle, and computer or tables)
You must own (or rent) all scuba and snorkel gear.
Four-person minimum required for proposed course fee structure.
What you'll learn:
• Self rescue
• Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
• Emergency management and equipment
• Rescuing panicked divers
• Rescuing unresponsive divers
Join the fun now!