A Change Work and Learning Series for Alternative Healing Practitioners and Coaches
MARCH 26TH - JULY 2ND
In San Francisco and for distance participants by Google Hangouts.
Does it have to be a struggle? Or, is it possible to grow your business, increase your income, and feel food doing it? Let's hope so!
Do any of these apply to you as an alternative healing practitioner or coach?
• Do you want to get your business started, now or in the near future?
• Have you had a practice for a while, but you are struggling to really get it off the ground, trying to figure out what you need to do find more clients, and make it work?
• Are you running into roadblocks that seem to shut you down sometimes?
• Do you occasionally lose your way, wondering why you became a practitioner in the first place, and become discouraged?
When I first started my business four years ago, I was employed full-time in a good, solid non-profit position. I had worked for non-profits my whole life. I knew absolutely nothing about creating a business, marketing, the practical tasks that needed to be done, or how to support myself without an employer taking care of my salary, job description and benefits (ah! benefits!).
I am now confidently self-employed, grounded in my personal vision for my work, and competently skilled in the practical nuts and bolts (websites, business licenses, marketing copy, business models, etc.). I am not a superstar (except in my own, happy way!). I have a lovely, simple, successful healing practice that continues to grow in its ability to support me. I trust that growth, I trust my commitment to the work, and above all I trust that I will be in full congruence with myself and my integrity as this growth continues.
That’s what I hope for you. There are lots of business growth programs out there, and some of them aren’t always a great fit for you and how you want to grow. Some of them can be very, very expensive. It can be baffling.
Why does it get so hard sometimes?
Building a business comes with some significant challenges:
• Doing sales and being a helping professional don’t always seem to be able to go hand in hand. The truth, however, is that heart-centered transactions are actually very good expressions of our helping skills.
• Building a business is a skill-set that not everybody has. But it can be learned, and the good news is that you don’t have to learn it all at once–just enough to get started and keep moving forward. And, you can make money while you are learning.
• There are a LOT of business growth programs out there, and not all of them are a good fit. It’s important to find support that both helps with the nuts and bolts, AND helps you find your true vision and integrity as you turn your helping skill into a business.
• We can run into, well, our “stuff.” Fears of success, worries about what it means to be visible, confusion about how to charge, shutting down when we think about the enormity of the task–these are all normal parts of the process, and there’s a reliable way to work through them.
• Being self-employed can be lonely. Which is why we need support and companionship as we work and grow.
So, what do you need in a beginning business growth program that actually works for you?
• Secure grounding in your vision and in your integrity as a practitioner. This becomes your “true north” upon which you can rely during the inevitable ups and downs.
• A reliable way to work through the mysterious, unconscious blocks that show up along the way.
• Enough (and the key word is “enough”) knowledge of business to keep taking you to the next level.
• Support, inspiration and playfulness with other committed colleagues! We can’t do this alone.
And one other thing that may not be necessary but is really useful: Support, instruction and guidance from someone who’s already been through it, made tons of mistakes, gotten off course, and now finds herself well-supported and happy in her practice. I invite you to have an easier time than I had…
What does this series include?
• Eight 3-hour Evenings
• Four 1-hour Monthly Group Q & A Support Calls
• Between Class Email Support
• Supporting Materials
A Few Words of Explanation on the Live Event vs. Live Streaming:
If you live anywhere nearby, I recommend you join the event live. You will have opportunities to connect with me and fellow participants that even a well-designed live streaming event can’t replicate.
However, there are many of you who simply cannot come to the Bay Area for this event, and for you, we will be using Google Hangout for the live workshops so that you can fully participate. You will hear and see all lectures, participate with others in exercises, hear everyone in the workshop, and be able to ask questions in real time.
Space is limited to 20: Register early to guarantee your spot!
For more information or to register, go to: http://leslienipps.com/calendarevents/business-growth-series/.
And, three FREE workshops to learn more:
I am offering three free events to “taste” this work, and ask your questions. And, even if you’re pretty sure you won’t be signing up, come anyway! It is my pleasure to share this useful information, meet you, and in my way support your thriving in your business. Bring your alternative practitioner and coach friends!
Telecalls: March 17th & 20th, 6-7pm PT
Live Workshop: March 19th, 6:30-8:30pm, 830 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
Register for the event you would like to attend by RSVPing her on meetup, or email me at [masked].
Please join us!