Most of us have dreams we want to realize or discover. We seek a sense of fulfillment, happiness, and a lasting inner peace that can't be shaken just because life is, well, life! We are fellow self-development enthusiasts exploring action-oriented approaches to breaking through ruts, unproductive habits, and other roadblocks to achieving goals, creating momentum, and manifesting more awesomeness in our lives.
This is not about perfectionism. It is about being in love with the life we have while taking responsibility, where we can, for making it even better and enjoying life more fully. We don't change our lives by changing others or by sitting back and complaining about it. We change it by actively embracing our role as the director of our life story (while still leaving room for the beautiful mysteries of Life to work through us!).
Our small meetings will be a time to try out then discuss our experiences with a specific practice or exercise, sharing what worked or didn't. Exercises may be derived from a fairly eclectic mix of books or other sources including contemporary science, modern psychology, NLP, NVC, life coaching, professional development, and philosophical or spiritual works. Regardless of the source of any practice or exercise offered (by myself or others), they will always be neutral in that they will not require any particular spiritual, religious, psychological, philosophical or scientific viewpoints in order to apply them.
We aren’t trying to fix each other or ourselves; rather, we are looking for ways to honor and maximize our human potential by trying out practical techniques for self-development and moving in the direction of our dreams, the highest version of self-expression, and greater overall well-being.
INSIGHT TIMER GROUP
For those interested, we also now have a corresponding Practical Transformation group on the popular meditation app, Insight Timer ( https://insighttimer.com/ to learn more). Feel free to join the group!
At this time, during the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings are held online using WebEx. When we resume the in person meetings, we typically meet on the west side of Vancouver at a public venue that serves food and beverages (including beer and wine).
• For private home meetups, Members must have a clear profile photo.
• These meetings are NOT facilitated by experts. We are simply a group of people who are passionate about self-development and seek thoughtful, respectful discussion about what it means to be the director of our lives. No one is performing legal or medical services at these events and you should therefore seek appropriate outside counsel if any of your goals require professional advice (such as starting a new exercise routine or diet).
• This is meant to be a nonjudgmental environment – everyone is at a different level of self-development. All ideas and opinions are welcome as our goal isn’t to agree on every viewpoint but to be open to expanding our perceptions in ways that deepen our experience of living to our fullest potential.
• We are always respectful of each other. We keep stories appropriate and as brief as possible to allow time for everyone to participate in discussion. It's not a forum to push political views on others. Likewise, this isn't group therapy.
• Self-improvement exercises may push us outside of our comfort zone as it often requires that we take an honest look at ourselves -- for some, it can be life-changing and uncomfortable. This cannot be facilitated nor controlled by the organizer or any group member. By joining this Meetup, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for knowing if/when it is best to seek professional help to deal with psychological, emotional, mental health, addiction, or any issues that are preventing optimum well-being in your life.
It is with gratitude that I walk this path and look forward to meeting those who are meant to show up in my life!