addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Preparedness 101 Message Board › Skype for meetings and ad hoc meetings

Skype for meetings and ad hoc meetings

Varian W.
user 14171655
Peoria, AZ
Post #: 141
I just talked with Kevin who set up a Skype channel for the group. It can be used to broadcast the meetups for those who can't make it. Kevin also points out that the channel could be used daily to just compare notes, ask questions.

I think this is a great idea - let's do it!

~V
A former member
Post #: 4
V, you are very gracious, and a kind person to talk to. Thank you. The basic idea is to actually have other like-minded persons of this group have others to talk to at any given time, everyday. For instance, we were just discussing a good Faraday cage, had this been on Skype, many members may have been listening in, and/or helping us in our discussion.

Now that was my original idea. V actually misunderstood me, and created a fantastic and BETTER idea! I had not thought of "Live" versions of the meetings! Only staying in touch as a group between them! But if a group wanted to Skype a live meeting (video, or just audio) that would be wonderful! With this group already being 315 members strong, I believe this will help it to grow to thousands. Not just numbers, but more active members.

I think Fred, Kat and others have a wonderful idea, that is why I wanted to join. Let's help them by creating a more "community" feel, shall we?

Skype is a free website with no microphone or camera needed. If you need help downloading it, just email me, and I will be glad to help. The main thing is when it asks if you want to join the specials that cost money, lol, just say no! After you have joined, in the left top area you will see a place to search for a contact. Just copy and paste this in

preparedness101phoenixchat

and you will soon be accepted. Real name, false name, does not matter. Just learn and kick back with others. Talk on a mic, don't, be on video, or not, text, or not and just listen. I believe it is key to simply understand you are most certainly not alone as a Prepper! :-)

Thank you for your time, and thank you V! Sincerely,

~Kevin & Nugget~
Anthony
user 13655563
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 61
This is an awesome idea guys!

Is there any way we could record the meetings and store them in a library based on topics for new members or members who want to review a particular topic?
A former member
Post #: 9
I'm in! I do skype all the time with a friend across the country in Virginia.
Anne J.
AnneJ
Glendale, AZ
Post #: 47
Interesting concept, esp. that of being able to see past meetings you couldn't make. However, and maybe it's the distance involved or my router, but I skype with a friend in Australia and another in Denmark, and the connection is consistantly pretty poor and really affects the quality of the conversation.