Want some motivation to get out to Primrose Hill Park and doing some exercise? This group for you!
Anyone and everyone is welcome to come along at one of the weekly times to our designated meeting spot ( https://goo.gl/maps/DaEhrLkZiq72 ) to find other members of your community to share your exercise plans with. You might end up stretching, trying some impromptu body-weight exercises, running gruelling hill repeats or going on a brisk walk around the perimeter - it's entirely up to you. Even just letting other people know what you intend before going off to do it yourself can be useful. No matter what, we aim to be an encouraging group, giving you a boost towards accomplishing your goals.
Please be aware: this is just your peers meeting in a park - no personal trainers or people in a position to give trusted technical advice. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with, and be careful about giving or accepting unsolicited advice! Injury and health are serious businesses.
If the times don't work for you, use the Discussion tab to suggest a new one and see whether people think it'd be better for them. We'll experiment with different timings until we find ones that cover the community's needs.
How it works:
• Before the meet-up, try to decide what you'd like to do with that time for exercise in the park. You might already know what you want to work on or might seek the advice of the internet, a friend or a professional/doctor. Either way, know what you do (and do not!) want to push yourself to do.
• As you arrive, introduce yourself to the people already there and start your gentle warm up.
• After a few minutes, we'll circle up briefly to introduce ourselves and say a few words about our intentions for the day. If people have overlapping ideas, they can catch each other afterwards to coordinate plans if they like, but remembering that everyone is their own leader.
• Get going! Set out on your plan and always feel welcome to come back to the meeting point where you might find others stretching or doing exercises. Encourage each other whenever you cross paths!
• There may very well be a contingent going for refreshments afterwards, so bring a little money.