This is a group for anyone interested in 3D printing and related technology. Connect with others in the community who have built a printer, bought one, work with one professionally, or even just want to learn what the world of 3D printing encompasses. Group sponsored by Printed Solid in Newark,DE
The Printed Solid tradition is back! Even though we can't meet in person we can still enjoy this yearly Printed Solid tradition virtually. However the rules have changed. You deliver your gift to Printed Solid by December 10th to Printed Solid. We will host a zoom meeting for all those who sent in gifts and do the exchange virtually on December 13th at 2PM EST. Then Printed Solid will mail everyone their presents. The great thing about this is that we can now have more people from all over the USA involved. Sorry international people, shipping is extremely expensive this year. We will live stream this years White Elephant Gift Exchange.
Rules this year are as follows:
1. Your print should be at least 90% 3D printed.
2. No time limit this year on how long to print.
3. The print can not be larger than 24 inches in any dimension. Unless it can still ship in a box 24x24x24 or smaller. (This rule is mainly for Karl)
4. In order to be on the stream your elephant gift must have been delivered to Printed Solid by no later than 12/10/20
5. Please label your gift with your name in small print so I know who sent it but people on the stream still won't.
6. Since we are able to open up our white elephant gift exchange to more people and be virtual we might have more people this year. If so then we will hold multiple rounds. I would like to cap each round to no more than 20 people.
7. If you want to drop off your present curbside at Printed solid you can but please call to arrange a time[masked] extension 3.
8. Please take a picture of your print before you mail it just in case it gets damaged in shipping we all want to see it anyways.
Please ship your White Elephant to our address:
Attn: White Elephant
2860 Ogletown Rd.
Building 6, Unit 8
Newark, DE 19713
What is a White Elephant gift exchange?
For those that don't know here is how the game is played and for those who do know be sure to check out the tiny variances in this one to make the zoom stream easier to follow.
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift.
6. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
7. A specific present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
8. After three steals a present can not be stolen again.
9. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding with any other player or unopened present. (The 3 swap rule does not apply on this turn, so steal away the really good one if you like.)