What we're about
Northwest suburbs, Chicago area.
We are liberal and progressive women age 50 and older. We meet to expand our horizons, open our minds, and make friends with women who share our values and life experiences. We meet regularly on weekday evenings, and occasionally on weekends and daytime. We welcome single, married, never married, divorced, widowed, straight, gay, and trans women. We talk, relax, explore, laugh, eat, and find community.
Would you like to connect with informed, liberal, progressive women right here in the 'burbs to have substantive discussions and exercise your critical-thinking skills, but to also listen and learn from others? If so, consider joining us! Our discussions are prompted by current events and societal issues, books we read that raise interesting or controversial topics, documentaries, podcasts.
• Have you volunteered for a cause you care about during the past year? We do, individually, and as a group throughout the year.
• Do you have liberal/progressive points of view on issues concerning women, lgbtq, underserved populations, race, politics, the environment? So do we!
• Have you read any good books lately? We read -- and discuss -- both fiction and non-fiction that relate to our experiences and passions.
• Do you get your news from a variety of sources? We read, listen, and watch a range of news entities in an effort to be informed and objective.
• Are you looking for just the right combination of serious and fun? You’ve found it! We like to lighten things up periodically with game nights, dining, movies, etc.
To join, please answer the 4 questions posed, provide a short bio, and have your Meetup photo show your face (for safety reasons). Member info is seen only by other members.
Your first event is free, then dues are $12/year prorated.
Please understand that if you are an event no-show twice without prior notification at least one day ahead, you will be removed from our roll. This is intended to show respect to our hosts and members. (We understand that emergencies do occur and will respect your personal situation.)
No selling or proseltyzing, please.
Be sure your Meetup settings allow you to receive messages from us. :)