What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Currently preparing itinerary for trekking or / and peak climbing in Nepal during autumn season (October / November) 2022. Get in touch if your interested. This one is going to be epic!
More info and updates coming.
Starting day - 15th October 2022
Looking at organising the following trip with a variety of 4 different options to suit everyone fitness and abilities. All options will have some sightseeing in Kathmandu and city tour to check out amazing stupas and Dubar square, etc.
Here are the options:
1/ Trekking to Mera peak (without actual summit attempt)
2/ Trekking Mera peak + Mera peak summit
3/ Trekking Mera peak including summit, return via Amphu Lapsa pass and Namche Bazaar.
4/ Trekking Mera peak including summit + Baruntse expedition, return via Amphu Lapsa pass and Namche Bazaar. (because we love Namche).
Mera Peak 6,461m is Nepal’s highest trekking peak (doesn't require technical climbing). The mountain lies in the Mahalangur section in Sagarmatha Zone (Everest region). It is an adventurous peak with the scenic views of the world’s 8000-meter peaks like Mount Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, and Kangchenjunga.
Day 0: Departure from Sydney (or other place)
Day 01: (16th October) Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m)
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: 40-minute flight to Lukla (2,840m) / 4-hour trek to Paiya (2,730m)
Day 04: 6-hour trek to Panggom (2,846m)
Day 05: 6-hour trek to Ningsow (2,863m)
Day 06: 7-hour trek to Chhatra Khola (2,8000 m)
Day 07: 6-hour trek to Kothe (3,700m)
Day 08: 4-hour trek to Thanknak (4,358m)
Day 09: 3-hour trek to Khare (5,040m)
Day 10: Acclimatization and training
Day 11: 7-hour uphill trek Mera High camp (5,780m)
Day 12: 5-hour climb to Summit and 4-hour back trek to Khare
Day 13: Contingency Day
Day 14: 5-hour trek to Kothe
Day 15: 6-hour trek to Thuli-Kharka
Day 16: 7-hour trek to Lukla via Zatrwa la Pass
Day 17: 40-minute flight to Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure
Option 3/ and 4/ would be different route after Mera Peak summit. Approximately from day 13.
Day 13: Kongma Dingma to Seto Pokhari (5035m) 6 hours
Day 14: Seto Pokhari to Baruntse Base Camp (5300m) 6 hours
Day 15 – 19: Rest day at the Baruntse Base Camp. Puja ritual ceremony, Training and preparation for summit.
Day 20 – 27: Camp 1, Camp 2 and Summit (7129m)
Day 28: Trek to Amphu Lapsa base camp
Day 29: Cross Amphu Lapsa (high pass) and trek to Chukung Village
Day 30: Trek to Pangoche village
Day 31: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 32: Trek to Lukla
Day 33: Lukla to Kathmandu flight
Day 34: Day in Kathmandu (or spare day in case of some delays)
Day 35: Departure or continue with other adventure.
Option 3/ would skip that part between day 15 - 27 for Baruntse Expedition
- All airport pickup and drops. All domestic transportation including flight to Lukla
- Accommodation at tea houses and lodges during trek and 3-star hotel where available. Camping if peak climbing.
- Full board meal during trek.
- All necessary paperwork and permits (TIMS, Everest Region Permit, etc)
- All sightseeing transfers by private vehicles.
- Gear: Sleeping bag and duffel bag (hired).
- Camping and cooking equipment
- All sightseeing and activities as per itinerary.
- Professional, Experienced & Trained trekking guide, Climbing Sherpa guide, cook and porters.
- First Aid Kits
- All staff cost (ticket, food & accommodation) guides and potters.
- Group Trekking Map.
- Nepal visa fees and international airfare.
- Any extra meals, beverage. Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking gear.
- Climbing gear: Double boots, Ice axe, crampons, Harness, Slings, Karabiners, Descender and other important climbing equipment. All available for hire in Kathmandu at reasonable cost.
- Travel and heli rescue / medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for guides, porters and other support staff.
- Any other expenses not included in the itinerary.
1/ USD $1,700
2/ USD $2,550
3/ USD $3,200
4/ USD $8,300
Get in touch if you're interested in trekking in Nepal! And we can start getting ready for this adventure together including training and fitness preparation.
Bring on big mountains!
See you in Nepal
Iveta & Ray