Get introduced to the exciting world of boardgames And No, we are not talking ONLY about Ludo or Snakes and Ladders or Uno; and No, we are not talking ONLY about Monopoly, Clue, Taboo, Pictionary or Risk either. If the above list accounts for most of the boardgames that you have experienced or heard about, then your life is about to change... in an awesome way!!! Believe it... There is a whole world of boardgames just waiting to be discovered at our meetups. You can refer to our Mumbai Meetup Group on http://www.meetup.com/MumbaiBoardGamers/ for information regarding the same. We are intending to make a similar group in Pune.
Who can attend?
- Anyone above 16 Years of age with an interest in playing board games and knows English/Hindi. Note: This is clearly not a meetup regarding selling stuff, dating, food, travel, direction in life or learning a new skill etc. It is all about having a lot of fun.
What is the cost?
- The meetup is free. For this meetup, we decided on a restaurant. The owner of the restaurant would expect everyone attending to have dinner and pay like any other restaurant. Please do so. On an average food was around Rs[masked]/- per head last time.
Er, I want to check it out but not sure?
- Come and experience it. If at any time, you dont like it, feel free to watch or continue with other important tasks in your life.
Start Timing? Is it Indian Standard Time?
- "NO", we start on time. Tables, games and game players are decided on first come first serve basis. 15 minutes from start time, tables maybe full. Then you will need to wait for a game to end for players to be free. Quite boring really :(. Hence, please be punctual.
- Please indicate how long you can stay, we will advise you to play a game that fits the time.
- First timers can play shorter games for trial.
- Its not very polite to leave in the middle of the game, especially if all others at the table are enjoying it. Loosing a player in the middle can sour the game.
How long does a game take?
- Depending on the game 15 mins - 2 hours. We kept the extra 1 hour as buffer, as usual people want to play more and more.
- Nearly all of our games are time-bounded. We strictly dont play games like Monopoly, Chess, which dont have an predictable play time.
Does the meetup play any computer games?
Is there any betting or money involved? Loser looses money?
- No, strictly we dont play with money. Its not a gambling event.
Do I need to read any rules etc before hand? I am a newbee.
- No need to read rules in advance, just come over. We will mostly put you into games that allow newbees to play at an even keel with experienced players. Catchup logic is inbuilt into any modern board game (that means when you are coming last, the game favors you). Secondly, when players see someone winning, all the others gang up. This system favors the newbee. Anyways, our motto is playing for fun. The game should win.
What is this waitlist?
- We want to accommodate as many board gamers as possible. However, due to limitation in number of players knowing rules; to explain to others, we have put a limit. First come first serve. Since, people may cancel, its nice to have your name on the waitlist, incase someone cancels you get in.