addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

PyData London Meetup Message Board › Write-up for 9th PyDataLondon meetup

Write-up for 9th PyDataLondon meetup

Ian O.
user 12537919
London, GB
On Tuesday we had our 9th meetup with a packed room (and happy-wavey people :-) Marco made a write-up of the night, cheers!

Andy Kirk spoke on designing good data visualisations (no slides, maybe someone has a link for the meetup thread?), Andy Clegg followed with a more technical discussion of data-viz (slides).

Next we had two lightning talks, first Volodymyr spoke on building dashboards (no slides sadly) and mentioned a job (hopefully he'll link this in the meetup thread). Next I introduced my annotate self-learning data cleaning service (blog post).

Kyran announced his new O'Reilly book on Python Data Viz with Javascript and Ignas noted that Desktop Genetics (cool DNA folk) are hiring.

We overran a little (sorry Lyst!) so I didn't get to mention that I'm running two data science training courses in April (machine learning & high performance). I should also have mentioned that I've setup a low-volume curated jobs email list to help python data science folk find/advertise jobs. PyDataLondon members can post to the list for free (via me, I'll curate and do an occasional post).

We're accepting talk submissions for May and June (though June might be the conference), get in contact if you'd like to speak or do a lightning talk.

In the pub after Volodymyr helped another community member sort out a scikit-learn problem (well done!) and a pint-or-many were consumed. I think we had 40+ in the pub, there were some great discussions.

We still don't quite have a date or definite venue for PyDataLondon Conference 2015, we do have an announce email list that I'll use to notify you when we have a date so feel free to sign-up.

Many thanks to Lyst for hosting, beers and pizza (they're hiring!).