What we're about
PyData SLO's aim is to bring together Python users from the academic community (students and professors) and industry in SLO to present, share and workshop ideas in areas including but not limited to: data science, computational sciences (social science and natural sciences), machine learning, and distributed computing.
PyData is an educational program of NumFOCUS, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the United States. PyData provides a forum for the international community of users and developers of data analysis tools to share ideas and learn from each other. The global PyData network promotes discussion of best practices, new approaches, and emerging technologies for data management, processing, analytics, and visualization. PyData communities approach data science using many languages, including (but not limited to) Python, Julia, and R.
The PyData Code of Conduct governs this meetup ( http://pydata.org/code-of-conduct.html ):
• PyData is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
• All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
• Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for PyData.
• Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the conference without a refund at the sole discretion of the conference organizers.
• Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
To discuss any issues or concerns relating to the code of conduct or the behavior of anyone at a PyData meetup, please contact NumFOCUS Executive Director Leah Silen (+1 512-222-5449; email@example.com) or the group organizer.
PyData SLO is sponsored by: NumFOCUS (http://www.numfocus.org), Promoting open code for better science.