The purpose of this Meetup Group is plan and publicize the events organized by Quality Parks. Events will be on a variety of topics related to our 501(c)(3) public charity mission. Some examples of the kinds of events we organize include:
• Master Naturalist training opportunities for both students and instructors.
• Citizen science programs including field trip to rate parks on their overall quality.
• Attending the Port Jefferson Farmers Market (May to Nov), primarily selling the native plants we grow.
• Participating in weed pulls, ecological restoration, and naturescaping.
• Exchanging ideas and best practices on our Park News & Advocacy Blog