What we're about
Welcome to Rowland Heights LGBT Gamers!
• We are a small group of like-minded friends that share an interest in pc/console video games and tabletop/board games. Located in Rowland Heights, CA, our goal is to find other individuals who share a passion for gaming and various nerd subcultures. While we are predominately an LGBT group, friends and supporters are always welcome.
• We're quite satisfied with the size of our group at the moment. While we are accepting new members, please don't be disappointed if we decline your request to join this group, especially if your application doesn't have much written in it. Many of our events are at capacity, and we simply have too many social events to add more to the calendar without becoming overwhelmed. We will make exceptions and add new members on a case-to-case basis, but there are plenty of other groups out there that need a sizable influx of new members far more than us! We hate to see other groups languish and eventually fade away due to low turnout, so please support your Friendly Local Gaming Group whenever possible. If there isn't an LGBT-friendly gaming group in your area, please consider organizing one rather than making a long commute, the LGBT community definitely needs more!
• People who are into anime, MLP, J-dramas, Dr. Who, cosplay, Harry Potter, conventions, or Star Wars will also probably fit in just fine, but we are first and foremost a gaming group. Whether you're new to gaming or a seasoned veteran, we ask only that you have an open mind, willingness to learn and tolerance for others.
• Please be age 21 or older. We'd rather not run afoul of drinking/gambling laws or curfews from your parental units.
• [IMPORTANT] For the safety of our group members, we require new members to attend at least one public meetup before attending one of the meetups hosted at our residences. We'll try to schedule public meetups once every 5-6 months or so. You'll know them by the [New Member Meetup] or [Public] tag!
• To see a list of the games played at our meetups, check out the following link(s):
Tabletop and Board Games - Our Collection (http://www.meetup.com/RH-LGBT-Gamers/pages/Tabletop_Games_-_Our_Collection)
• You probably have some questions for us. We get that a lot! Try taking a look at our FAQ! (http://www.meetup.com/RH-LGBT-Gamers/pages/Frequently_and_Infrequently_Asked_Questions/)
If we sound like people you'd like to meet, feel free to apply or contact us (http://www.meetup.com/RH-LGBT-Gamers/suggestion/) with any questions you may have!