What we're about
Ride Like A Girl exists to help women discover the joy of bicycling. Whether she wants to bike for leisure, fitness or to chase a big, hairy, audacious goal, we are the friendly, skill-building, cycling community to support her. Join for FREE! In celebration of our 5th birthday, we removed the $25 annual membership fee. (We are trying out a contribution-membership model though Oct. 5th) Bike this summer on us!
Click here (http://www.Meetup.com/RLAGcycling/events/calendar) to view our calendar and RSVP to your first activity.
We offer both free and pay-for services, bike rides, training camps and clinics as well as occasional social events. Members benefits include:
* 20% in-store and online purchases at Western Bikeworks (some exclusions apply).
* 50% off bike fitting at Western Bikeworks
* Free women-only group bike rides (hosted by trained ride leaders )
About pay-for services: We occasionally ask a fee to help us compensate cycling coaches, instructors and other cycling, health and wellness experts who offer specialized training and learning opportunities. Payment instructions are included in the specific event description so there are no surprises.
More About Us: We invite women of various bicycling abilities to come into a community of girlfriends where we strive to:
• Create a women-friendly, supportive cycling community for beginners, intermediates and "RLAG graduates" to practice their skills and enjoy biking with girlfriends. We encourage you to ride just for fun or to further develop and strengthen your skills.
• Offer true-beginners a training path to riding skillfully, safely and confidently. First-timers and "Nervous Nellies" are especially welcome. Check out the "Just Coffee" info sessions usually scheduled in March.
• Help experienced and beginner cyclists improve their skills to promote good bike handling, safe riding and self-sufficiency through demonstrations, on-ride lessons and training clinics.
• Give more experienced cyclists a place to give back by sharing what they have learned, leading bike rides or simply coming alongside junior cyclists to encourage and support them.
Follow us by clicking on these links: Facebook (public) page (http://www.Facebook.com/RideLikeAGirlCycling), Facebook (private) group (http://www.Facebook.com/groups/507884155989024), RLAG Blog (http://www.RideLikeAGirl-Cycling.com), Twitter (http://www.Twitter.com/RideLikeAGirlOR), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ridelikeagirlcycling/).
We are delighted you found us and look forward to meeting you.
Founder & Girlfriend in Charge