What we're about
If you're a fan of Brain Pickings (http://www.brainpickings.org/) — or you just enjoy reading books about creativity, psychology, spirituality, design, and art — this is the book club for you. We meet each month, usually once in Raleigh and once in Durham, to discuss a book featured on the Brain Pickings reading list (http://bookpickings.brainpickings.org). We're a diverse group of curious, open-minded people who like to talk about themes like mindfulness, empathy, solitude, and awe ... and all of the things that make life both beautiful and difficult. Join us!
Ready to Get Involved?
• Attend an upcoming meetup (see below). Please note that all attendees are expected to read and abide by our group guidelines (http://www.meetup.com/Raleigh-Durham-Brain-Pickings-Book-Club/pages/Group_Guidelines/).
• Volunteer to lead a discussion, recommend a book from the Brain Pickings reading list (http://bookpickings.brainpickings.org/), or suggest a venue by emailing rachel4851 [at] gmail.com.
Want to Support Us?
• Buy a book at Amazon (http://amzn.to/2hjQCbZ) using any of the links we provide. We'll earn a tiny commission on items purchased (at no extra cost to you), 100% of which goes toward Meetup fees.
• Make a contribution online (https://secure.meetup.com/Raleigh-Durham-Brain-Pickings-Book-Club/contribute/).
• September: Canceled because of the hurricane
• October: The Feminine Mystique (http://amzn.to/2BYbtrK), Betty Friedan
• November: The View from the Cheap Seats: Selected Nonfiction (http://amzn.to/2Cs6mkG), Neil Gaiman
Check out the books we've already read on our Goodreads page (https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/54489063-raleigh-durham-brain-pickings-book-club?shelf=read).