This is one of the very few events (Dog walk for a cause) where you can get your own DOG/s involved!
You are invited to join the 2nd Annual Walk –n– Wag of Wake County.
(Bark For Life Program of the American Cancer Society)
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010
Koka Booth Amphitheatre
*Backstage Patio Area*
Registration and Activities open at 10:00 am
Walk begins at 11:00 am
Event ends at 1:00pm
Activities include a one mile walk around the lake, vendor booths and giveaways, entertainment for the whole family and fun dog contests which include Pet/Owner Look-a-Like, Best Costume and Best Tricks.
Registration fee is $20 which includes one t-shirt for canine owner, one bandana for the canine and one doggie bag of goodies. If you are registering more than one dog, there will be an extra charge of $5 per additional dog.
ONLINE REGISTRATION is available only starting SEPTEMBER 1, 2010.
Walk-n-Wag Event of Wake County (http://www.wakewalknwag.com)
Shirts and Bandanas are for registered participants are available on a first come, first serve basis.
All dogs must be on a leash.
All proceeds benefit your local American Cancer Society.
WHAT’S NEW for WALK-n-WAG Participants?:
(1) The American Kennel Club, will be offering discounted enrollments in its new AKC Canine Partners program for mixed-breed dogs and other dogs ineligible for AKC registration. You may enroll your dog for $25 ($10 off the regular price) AND AKC donates $10 of each enrollment to the American Cancer Society. Every one who enrolls at the Walk n Wag also receives a free t-shirt and bandana. Enrollment gives your dog eligibility to compete in AKC events, lifetime enrollment in the AKC CAR lost and found recovery service, a subscription to AKC Family Dog magazine and more!
(2) The American Kennel Club will offer FREE Canine Good Citizen testing during the event. This 10-step program tests your dog’s basic manners and obedience skills. Dogs that pass receive a beautiful frameable certificate from the AKC and also will receive a bandana. It is free to take the test and, if your dog passes, there is a fee of $8 to cover the cost of printing and shipping the certificate. The CGC test is the prerequisite for most therapy dog programs
(3) Triangle Pet Supply will give out gift bags, free dog food samples, and a treat drawing at their table.
(4) Contest prizes will be courtesy of American Kennel Club (i.e. AKC Leashes
AKC Dog Waste Bag Holder with Leash Clip, AKC stuffed dog toys)
(5) Get an introduction to the FUN sport of RALLY OBEDIENCE. The American Kennel Club will provide demonstrations of this new fun sport in which dogs go station to station, performing the obedience exercise shown on the sign at each station. It’s like the canine version of Simon Sez!
CALL[masked] TODAY for questions, interests in sponsorship/donations in cash or in kind, volunteer opportunities, or registration form requests.