React London - BYOP is Banking & FinTech Themed on Thursday 28th November 2019 sponsored by Adaptive Financial Consulting.
Doors will open at 6:15pm, the meetup will start at 6:45pm, with the event ending at 9pm.
The BYOP is hosted at Fora in Spitalfields, 35-41 Folgate Street, E1 6BX, near Liverpool Street Station - https://goo.gl/maps/g3nYsc7ZVhZ1yduPA
The talks at the event are from members of the BYOP community and guests representing different engineering initiatives and points of view.
We're a very inclusive meetup representing a diverse community of awesome engineers! >:D
Our talks for this event include ...
- Bhavesh Desai, Head of UI Development - Adaptive - A deep-dive of Reactive Trader, a fully open-source, real-time FX trading application, and the technical approaches used to produce real-time trading platforms for Adaptive's clients.
- Danese Cooper, Head of Special Initiatives - NearForm – Getting the most out of InnerSource in a regulated industry - InnerSource takes the lessons learned from developing open source software and applies them to the way companies develop software internally to increase collaboration and break down silos. Drawing on her past experience as Head of Open Source for Paypal, Danese will share tips on how to put in place a community of practice around InnerSource that is perfectly suited to the needs of highly regulated companies such as Financial Services.
- Tim Dinsdale, European CTO - OpenFin - A lightning fast and technical introduction to OpenFin. In this talk Tim will touch on some key parts of the architecture, with particular reference to React. We will look at how to get up to speed with some of the core concepts, and where to look for more details.
- Mark Jose, Technical Principal & Dean Kerr, Senior Developer - Scott Logic - Introducing: React Hooks for OpenFin - There's been a lot of excitement around the addition of Hooks into React. We work with OpenFin a lot, so it made perfect sense that we created a OpenFin React Hooks library. The good news is we totally Open Sourced it!
Would you like to speak at this React London - BYOP?
Get in touch with James on Twitter at @mcleo_d https://twitter.com/mcleo_d or on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesmcleod/
You can also contact Denise on Twitter at @DNevesSantos https://twitter.com/DNevesSantos
A variety of food and drink will be served
*Things to note*
• You can also bring your ReactJS projects along as we'd love to see what you've been working on and give help / support if needed.
• Please RSVP to secure a place
• All engineering levels are welcome
Code of conduct: http://confcodeofconduct.com (http://confcodeofconduct.com/)
This event is kindly sponsored by Adaptive Financial Consulting.
Adaptive was founded in 2012, when four industry experts recognised that real-time technology is fundamentally changing businesses within the financial, capital and commodities markets.
These systems are complex, and need the very best people and IP to successfully deliver them. Adaptive was intended to be the kind of company that the four founders would like to work for themselves; solve challenging business problems, using the latest technology, surrounded by smart colleagues, in an environment that’s professional, collaborative and non-hierarchical.
To find out more, visit us at http://www.weareadaptive.com