= Description =
Truly reactive systems must be distributed and Akka offers powerful tools like Cluster Sharding and Distributed Data which make writing these an easy task. But when it comes to running an Akka Cluster in production it is necessary to understand its workings in detail.
In this talk, we explain core features like joining and leaving of member nodes and the failure detector, explore different ways to bootstrap a cluster, discover how to monitor and keep a cluster healthy and more.
= Bio =
Heiko Seeberger loves rock climbing and is an internationally renowned expert on Scala, Akka, and Functional Programming. He has more than twenty years of experience in software engineering, consulting and training and is an active open source contributor. Heiko works as an independent consultant and regularly shares his knowledge at conferences and user group meetings. He tweets as @hseeberger and sometimes blogs at https://heikoseeberger.rocks
= Schedule =
- 18:30 - 19:00 Get-together with food & drinks
- 19:00 - 20:00 Akka Cluster – Up and Running
- 20:00: Get-together with more drinks
= Technicalities =
- MOIA's office and the meetup space is on the first floor of the Stadthöfe. Use the entry at Stadthausbrücke 8. In case the door is not open, just ring the bell and we let you in.
- Accessibility: The meeting space is accessible by wheelchair
- The talk will be in English and will get recorded