What we're about
3/7/2018 (We now have a facebook group!)
Although there's no shortage of gamedev groups in Seattle, I'm starting this one for those of us on the Eastside who'd like to stay a little closer to home in the winter!
Let's get together for:
* Working on game projects/art, whether it be your own solo one or a project we start as a team!
* Game playtesting! It can be difficult to find a good source of play-testers as an Indie dev, and this will be a great opportunity to bounce ideas with other game developers.
* Learning! Whether it be Unity or Unreal, C++ or Python! Everyone is welcome, whether you are a game developer or someone who hasn't done coding but are interested in taking the plunge.
* Team building! Game development can be extremely intimidating if you're by yourself. Come find a team of people that share your vision and have 1,000,000x more fun!
* Social! This will be a smaller meetup group (~100 active people at most). The limit is here for no reason other than to encourage REAL friendships and connections between people interested in game dev and to create a non-intimidating environment for the introverts amongst us. After all, if you want to break the Seattle Freeze, why not do so over a prototype of that first-person shooter you're making?
So, if you'd like to:
* Have a friendly, relaxed environment for working on games.
* Learn about game development.
* Find a team of like-minded friends that go beyond casual hang-outs (and who knows, you might make the next Minecraft!).
* Find playtesters.
Then, this is the meetup for you!
Looking forwards to meeting everyone!