(for this time, we moved the venue to B25 instead of B20, please go to the right building, thanks)
To attend this meetup, please follow the latest PyCon Code of Conduct: https://us.pycon.org/2018/about/code-of-conduct/
Using Python and a Raspberry Pi to automatically mute TV commercials
In this session, Steve will cover the following topics about using Raspberry PI to control TV sound bar:
The Pi uses an infrared transmitter.
The python app has 3 parts:
* Functions to send commands to the infrared transmitter, which then transmits the commands to the television sound bar
* A Flask web service to accept television command requests (e.g. volume decrease, volume increase)
* A scheduler that automatically sends remote control commands at programmed times
About the speaker:
Steve is a software developer and mechanical engineer who likes to make software that talks with devices.
6:00 - 6:30 Social activity and self-introduction (food will be served, first come first serve)
6:30 - 7:00 The session
7:00 - 8:00 More socializing
* Parking lots are in front of the building, there's should be an indicator for Reactor event attendees.
* Our slack channel: https://join.slack.com/t/redmondpython/shared_invite/enQtMzM1MjE1MTY4ODk5LWM0YWYxMGE1NDZhYmM1YjFmODNkNTRhOWU1NDM5MmNjZWY1NDEyNjZiNjExZTA3NjA1ODNkYWM1YjA2Y2UzZWQ
* This event is sponsored by Microsoft Reactor