What we're about
Hello Fashionistas!!! I created this group for all professional women in the DMV area (who LOVE FASHION) to come together and have a great time shopping, networking, starting & growing our fashion businesses & careers together and learning from each other and enjoying other fabulous outings & events (e.g. getting together for renting shopping parties, to watch annual celebrity award shows and discuss the red carpet looks (Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes VMAs, Grammys, etc.)). We will bond over our love for the fashion industry, our desire to start or grow a fashion business, our support for each other’s businesses & fashion careers. We will motivate each other, partner with each other, exchange ideas & business cards! We’ll also discuss other important issues that we all care about that are not related to the fashion industry.
This group is a Fashionista Sisterhood! We will not only share our businesses with each other, but we will help each other grow new fashion industry businesses! We’ll do so by hosting fun events and sharing our “woman experience” with each other (professional and personal experiences). We will host regular networking events (e.g. renting/ shopping events, happy hours, educational seminars & workshops, charity events, etc.). During these events, we encourage everyone to bring your business cards, your wonderful personality & entrepreneurial spirit and join us for evenings or afternoons full of fun, wine, hors d’oeuvres, networking and bonding with other Fashionistas!
OK, Fashionistas, let's grow this group!!! All Ladies are welcome!!! Not a Fashionista but want to be…join our group and we’ll help you change that. 😉
P.S. feel free to post your FASHION BUSINESS events here in the comments for the entire Group to see (note: any irrelevant or inappropriate comments will be deleted).
Because we are a Professional Group of Women, there are a few rules I ask that you follow:
1. Some events may have a participating fee. These types of events are those that take a lot of time and resources (e.g. speakers, venue, etc.) to put together or are renting parties.
2. Events with less than 10 attendees maybe cancelled with no prior notice. Please check here for updates prior to event.
3. If you RSVP to a meet-up and don’t show without giving an update prior to missing the event (24-48 hours required for smaller events (less than 10 attendees) and 72 hours required for larger events (10+ attendees)), you may be excluded from the group after this happens twice (2x). In case of an emergency, please send me a private message. We will try to stay flexible!
4. All Fashionistas are required to join us at least for 4 events a year. Otherwise, you may be excluded from the group.
5. When you RSVP to attend a renting party, you agree to the terms & conditions spelled out in each event posting, you agree that you are renting the items not purchasing them and you agree to return the items as stated in the event posting & at the event itself. Note that we are currently hosting our rental parties at a low promotional fee (only $15) with the new rollout; so get grandfathered into that fee group before it ends by attending at least 4 renting parties at the promotional rate! Just the wine is worth the fee😘
Again, this group is created for professional women who are interested in networking, hosting and participating in fashion-related events, educational sessions and overall enhancing of their professional and personal lives based on these connections. Now, lets expand, bond, develop and grow together…and have fun & look fabulous while doing it!!!