What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
This is a virtual meetup--hopefully, each of us can spare some time this week to contact our representatives, either in Washington or Austin. Many of us are already doing this on a regular basis. Please RSVP, and then follow up in the comments section with the action you have taken, or a key issue you'd like some support on, or offer other feedback that will encourage others to jump on board and take action!
You can make calls, write letters or postcards, write emails, or even drop by the local office of one of your reps. Some ideas (there are so many issues I won't even try to make a comprehensive list):
1. Email our senators about healthcare. If you check my comment below, John Cornyn solicited his newsletter recipients for their "Obamacare" stories. Let him know that healthcare should be a right for all U.S. residents! You might as well send something to Ted Cruz too, since he is on the 13-man senate committee to destroy the Affordable Care Act.
2. Request a town hall or a meeting (where has Kay Granger been?)
3. Offer your opinion on tax reform--are you willing to tolerate "reform" that further puts our country in debt and hands out billions of dollars to billionaires?
4. Request action on an issue such as immigration reform. A majority of Americans favor offering a path to citizenship for law-abiding undocumented immigrants. Why has Congress continued to let this situation fester?
5. Pick another issue that you feel passionately about, and adopt that issue. We can't all do everything but we can all take on something!
We can make a difference! Especially if we work together. But, separately in this case ;)