Once a person no longer has to work for a living, you can hone in on exactly what you want to do that provides meaning - friendships, family and self-improvement.
Social integration is vital for happiness. The key to happiness during retirement years is to stay active socially, mentally, physically and spiritually. And that's what we plan to do - so let's enjoy!
WHO CAN REQUEST TO JOIN:
1) Married, single, divorced, or widowed men and women retirees aged 60 and above, with or without a part-time job, who want to remain active and who are young at heart.
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT:
3) Inexpensive activities.
The majority of our activities will be free to low cost. There may be an occasional special event planned that will require a higher cost, such as a New Year's Eve night out, special museum event, etc. Everything will be done in our power to keep the cost as low as possible.
1) A clear, current photo of your face is required for membership. We want to recognize you when we meet.
2) Update your RSVP if you cannot attend an event you are signed up. It's courteous to members on a wait list and to the restaurant for seating.
My phone number will always be included under each event description in case you cannot access the Meetup site. Call or text.
3) Two no-shows within a three-month period will cause an automatic drop from membership.
4) To remain an active member, attend at least two events every three months to maintain an active status. Inactive members will be dropped from Retirees Just Wanna Have Fun!
5) A nominal, yearly $6 membership fee. This will help defray my Meetup subscription costs I personally pay. Thank you for understanding (I'm on a retiree's budget). Attend at least one event within your first month of joining.