addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Meditation & Dharma in Ridgewood Message Board › see you Wednesday for Understanding Karma

see you Wednesday for Understanding Karma

Peter K.
user 11743711
Group Organizer
Red Bank, NJ
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback about last week's class!  It's great to meet you in person, and I look forward to seeing you this coming Wednesday.

Last week we introduced the Buddhist understanding of karma, in the context of "happiness" and "responsibility."  We concluded that the Buddhist understanding of karma leads us to recognize that happiness is my responsibility, and that it is something I need to bring to the situations of my life, as opposed to expecting that other people, external things such as possessions or entertainments, should be able to deliver happiness to me.

This week, we dive deeper into an understanding of karma, with an exploration of the perennial question:  "why do bad things happen to good people?"  and just as importantly, "how can I respond peacefully and positively when bad things happen to me?"  Karma gives us answers to both.

Class details below.

See you Wednesday, 7:30 pm, at the Community Church of Glen Rock! 

Enjoy your day.

Peter

UNDERSTANDING KARMAwith Peter Kurczynski The law of karma gives us an explanation for the things that happen to us. When bad things happen, an understanding of karma allows us to respond with wisdom and compassion. Karma allows us to stop being a victim to events or circumstance, and to take control of our emotional reponse to external conditions. Through this appoach we will learn to adapt with creativity and flexibility to life's challenges, and become a happier person. Learn how the Buddhist description of actions and experiences will set us free.

7:30 - 9 pm

Community Church of Glen Rock

Room #208

354 Rock Road

Glen Rock, NJ 07452

$15/class suggested donation.  No one will be turned away.

For more info:

www.meditateNJ.org

info@meditateNJ.org

(973) 847-5421