addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Sierra Club Rochester ECOs Message Board › Holiday potluck recipes

Holiday potluck recipes

Italia
Xolita
Group Organizer
Auburn Hills, MI
Post #: 1,909
Hello friends,

We had a great time at our holiday potluck & celebration! THANKS to Rhona & Will for inviting us to their beautiful house and hosting the event. THANKS to all attendees for your delicious dishes and treats and, of course, for your presence! smile

Mary proposed that we all share the recipes in our message board... what a great idea! So I have started this thread for that purpose. Feel free to share your recipes here. Please remember to keep them cruelty-free.

Thanks!

PS: If you prefer me to post yours, send it to rochesterecos@gmail.com
Italia
Xolita
Group Organizer
Auburn Hills, MI
Post #: 1,910
From Gary D:

Here is the recipe for the dish I brought to the Holiday Meetup. I was unable to locate the recipe I used as a guide to prepare this dish last time, so this is what I did this time...
Gary D.

Carrot-Tofu Stir Fry

Sesame seeds (approx 1/4 cup)
Olive oil (2 tablespoons for stir-fry, lots more for baking the tofu)
Sesame oil (as desired)
Soy sauce (as desired)
Tofu (at least 1 lb. or as much as desired)
Carrots (at least 1 lb)
Brown rice (approx. 1.5 cups)

Freeze the tofu. Thaw it, rinse it, squeeze out the excess water, cut into 1/4" slices. Apply olive oil generously to a baking sheet and place the tofu slices on it, then flip them over so that they are coated in oil on both sides. Bake at 350° for at least 60 minutes. Remove the baked tofu from the oven and set aside.

Cook the rice, then set the cooked rice aside.

Place the sesame seeds in a frying pan and toast them on the stovetop, then set them aside.

Chop the carrots. Tear the tofu into small pieces and add it to the chopped carrots.

Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan (high heat), then add the carrots and tofu. Add sesame oil and soy sauce as desired, and stir fry. Add the sesame seeds.

Serve the stir-fry with the rice...
Italia
Xolita
Group Organizer
Auburn Hills, MI
Post #: 1,911
From Don:

Sweet & Sour Vegan Meatballs

Bring to boil:

¼ chopped onion
½ cup ‘Earth Balance’ or non-dairy margarine
2 tbsp vinegar
2 cups of tomato sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari sauce

Add Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs (frozen 'meatballs' thawed or pre-heated) or equivalant Vegan "meatballs"

Place in a small casserole dish and cover with sauce
Bake between 45 min and 1 hr at 300º or place in crock pot and heat until ready to serve