Due to the forthcoming O'Reilly's Strata Conference (http://strataconf.com/strataeu2014), we are planning a special event jointly organized by DataScience Spain (http://www.meetup.com/Data-Science-Spain/), GEMLeB (http://www.meetup.com/Grup-destudi-de-machine-learning-de-Barcelona/) and RugBcn (http://www.meetup.com/RugBcn-Barcelona-R-users-group/). O'Reilly, sponsoring this event, supplies a kit of books ( raffled among the audience ) and two free tickets for the Strata Conference. One free ticket will be raffled among the members of Data Science Spain. If you want to be elegible, send an email with the subject STRATA TICKET to [masked] .
The other free ticket will be raffled among those participants that have given a talk in the RugBcn or Gemleb meetups during the 2014. For those who haven't presented yet and want to enter in the raffle, they can give a talk (15-30 minutes) on this event. About what? About anything related to data analysis that you enjoy and like, and you think it may be interesting to the others. This includes ( but it's not a closed list at all ):
- Machine learning/statistics: theory and applications/case studies.
- Data visualization.
- Computing and programming: R, Python, Weka, Knime,...
If you want to give a talk, please send an email to [masked] or [masked] with a title, short description and short bio. If you cannot attend that day or you want to present a topic that needs more than 30 minutes, and still want to enter in the raffle, we can schedule your talk for the next months. Accepted languages: catalan/spanish/english.
Deadline of proposals: October 22nd.
- Omar Lopez, Big Data & Data Science Director at Synergic Partners: Casos de Uso de Data Science "La analítica predictiva como palanca de cambio e innovación".
- Aleix Ruiz de Villa, scientific developer at TSS - Transport Simulation Systems: Package Caret: this package simplifies the usual workflow of machine learning modelization. On the one hand, it provides functions for the tipical steps as standarizing variables o creating partitions for the cross-validations. On the other hand uses a unique syntaxis for calling the models of the most popular machine learning packages, such as glmnet, kernlab, randomForests, glm, ...
- Jordi Puigdellivol, Data Scientist at Synergic Partners:
Tableau Public una herramienta para contar historias y explorar tus datos.Todo sin necesidad de escribir una sola linea de código (aunque tiene la posibilidad).Esto lo hace rápido, fácil de aprender y con una gran profundidad de desarrollo.
This event is sponsored by itnig and O'Reilly Media. Meetup members get 20% off Strata with UGRugBcn20 (http://oreil.ly/UGSEU14).