addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Rupert Spira NY Non-Duality Group Message Board › Rupert NY-Meetup this Thursday

Rupert NY-Meetup this Thursday

Jacques Van E.
user 12599085
New York, NY
Dear all,

Hope all is well. Blossoms are everywhere and spring is in the air. We would love to see many of you this Thursday. But come if your heart feels like coming ... no pressure of course!

The words of this week's poem come originally from the Anguittara Nikaya, but were made into a lullaby song by Thich Nhat Hanh. It can be sung to a person who is nearing their last breath:

Poem for the dying.
===================

The body is not me; I am not caught in this body,
I am life without boundaries,
I have never been born and I have never died.
Over there, the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies
All manifests from the basis of consciousness.
Since beginingless time I have always been free.
Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out.
Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek.
So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye.
Tomorrow we shall meet again at the true source;
Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life.

Jacques’ addition:
===============

The song can also be sung for ourselves, even if our physical bodies still have 20, 40 or 60 years to live. Everything perceived is within our awareness, like “a wide ocean and sky with many galaxies”. Psssst … can you feel it, right now?

It is fashionable in superficial non-dual teachings to state that your search is the obstacle to liberation and that you better stop any efforts to attain it as “efforts” will only lead you astray. Indeed, statements such as “you cannot become what you already are” makes many truth-seekers abandon their search way too early. I can speak of experience, ha ha!

Many seasoned masters caution us not to stop our search, until the moment that you truly feel that your true body is “a wide ocean and sky with many galaxies” rather than your physical body. Not just for a moment, not for a few months time … but in all circumstances, in all situations, all the time. Only after that point, is it OK to stop the search. Nothing left to “stop it” at that point anyway … the search will just “drop” by itself.